BECOME A MEMBER
Discover the benefits
The Sterilising Research and Advisory Council of Australia (Victoria) Inc. (SRACA), the professional body of Sterilising Technology practitioners, was started in 1962. SRACA (Victoria) Inc. promotes high standards of practice in the provision of sterilising and disinfection services.
SRACA runs workshops and seminars to help keep sterilising technology practitioners fully informed on the latest developments in technology.
Save the date!!!
After cancelling conferences in recent times, we are currently planning to bring you a one day seminar ‘RECONNECTING’ on Friday 28th January 2022.
This will be held at the Karralyka Centre in Ringwood.
We plan ‘~RECONNECTING~’ by holding a one day event with drinks & finger food to finish up, providing a much needed opportunity to learn, share and catch up with colleagues. Please save the date!!
COVID-19 Information Sheet
Dear Members and Colleagues,
The Sterilising Research and Advisory Council of Australia (SRACA) Victoria have been asked if we should be doing anything different in CSSD during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The answer is:
Follow the Government & Health Service Organisation requirements and continue to do the great work we do.
As a reminder:
- All used reusable medical devices returning to CSSD from the operating theatre, wards, clinics and other procedure rooms are considered contaminated
- All staff working in the decontamination room should be wearing personal protective equipment including face shield, gown and gloves
- Automated cleaning with thermal disinfection is recommended where possible, consistent with the instructions for use and local protocols
- Staff are to ensure good hand and personal hygiene practices are demonstrated at all times
- No personal mobile phones in CSSD
- Surfaces in all areas are to be cleaned frequently. This includes frequently touched items such as keyboards, phones and scanners
- Entry to CSSD should be restricted to essential staff
- Keep yourself, colleagues, family and your community safe
- To keep up to date with the latest information on COVID-19, visit the Victorian Department of Health website: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
SRACA VIC Committee
The above information is intended as a guide only. Please always refer to the Department of Health and your Health Service Organisation for further information. SRACA Vic website is unable to answer individual questions.
After cancelling conferences in recent times, we are currently planning to bring you a ‘SRACA Vic Catch Up’ on Friday 3rd December. We are also looking to have a managers’ meet up on Thursday 2nd December 2021.
These will be held at the Karralyka Centre in Ringwood.
We plan to ‘Keep It Simple’ by holding a one day event with drinks & finger food to finish up, providing a much needed opportunity to learn, share and catch up with colleagues. Please save the date!!
SRACA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
SRACA VICTORIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE - 2020
ANNUAL CONFERENCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020
SECURE YOUR CONFERENCE TRADE BOOTH TODAY
Why Join SRACA VIC?
Stay up to date
The easiest way to keep up with industry updates, changes and events.
Connect with others in your field. Create friendships whilst sharing a common goal and interest.
Grow. Evolve. Ensure you don’t lose sight of what inspired you to enter the health industry.
Enjoy workshops, seminars and conferences to keep sterilizing technology practitioners informed.