Dear Members and Colleagues,
The Sterilising Research and Advisory Council of Australia (SRACA) Victoria have been asked if we should be doing anything different in CSSD during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The answer is:
Follow the Government & Health Service Organisation requirements and continue to do the great work we do.
As a reminder:
- All used reusable medical devices returning to CSSD from the operating theatre, wards, clinics and other procedure rooms are considered contaminated
- All staff working in the decontamination room should be wearing personal protective equipment including face shield, gown and gloves
- Automated cleaning with thermal disinfection is recommended where possible, consistent with the instructions for use and local protocols
- Staff are to ensure good hand and personal hygiene practices are demonstrated at all times
- No personal mobile phones in CSSD
- Surfaces in all areas are to be cleaned frequently. This includes frequently touched items such as keyboards, phones and scanners
- Entry to CSSD should be restricted to essential staff
- Keep yourself, colleagues, family and your community safe
- To keep up to date with the latest information on COVID-19, visit the Victorian Department of Health website: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
SRACA VIC Committee
The above information is intended as a guide only. Please always refer to the Department of Health and your Health Service Organisation for further information. SRACA Vic website is unable to answer individual questions.